So it has been 29 days since Luke was admitted and a week and a half since he started his oral feedings. He is taking to it like a fish to water! He still can't do very much (only 5-14 CC's, translation, less than 1/2 an ounce), but he is still doing it! Now we know that he can tolerate eating, we just have to wait until he is strong enough to get all the calories that he needs by mouth instead of through a tube.
Maddie on the other hand is getting very sick of not having mom and dad around at all! She has been a real trooper for the last month, but she is only 3. This is taking a toll on me so I know it's taking a HUGE toll on her. She is such a happy girl and I am sooooo proud of her for responding the way she has in a situation she doesn't understand. We love her so much and we are soooo grateful to all those who have helped and are helping with her babysitting.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh my gosh....you guys are amazing. I dont know how you are doing it. I felt so torn when Bailey was in the hospital the three weeks she was there. I cant imagine your situation...Let me know if I can help at all!
It was so good to see you and adorable little Luke today!! He is such a cutie and I'm so glad he's recovering well!
My heart goes out to you. I wish I could be there to help. I guess all we can do from here is pray. I love you guys and am glad to know Luke is getting better. Take care!
Post a Comment