Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Brithday Craziness and an amazing husband

So as most of you know, January is an INSANE month for our family. As you read this, keep in mind we just finished Christmas. So January starts off with Jan 2nd as my grandpa b-day. Soon to follow is Maddie and Luke on the 6th and 7th. Then we have about a week and a half of rest and my father-in-law's b-day is the 20th, or 22nd, I never really know. And then... Jan 25th Grandma Aston, 26th Me (yup the big 30 this year), 27th Brant's sis, 28th mother-in-law and then Jan 31 is my niece Jaylee and uncle Dee. Count it, yup that's 10, unless I missed someone. So normally I get a little stressed about January, but after a crazy 2008 I decided that I wouldn't worry about it. We spent the weekend after the kids b-days shopping for the rest of the family and got it all done in one day, I was so-o proud of myself, we had to go to the mall and not only does Brant hate that but Maddie had an accident as soon as we got there. Whew, I kept my cool. She hadn't had any potty problems for months so I didn't bring any extra clothes for her, so we had to buy her some new clothes and then on to the shopping. Brant didn't complain the whole day, he's such a trooper. So we ended the day with some takeout and movies and it was great. Since my parents are out of town on business right now my brother, sister-in-law and 2 sisters threw me a little party. We ate and talked and had a very nice relaxing evening. I am so grateful to have to family that I do, they are my best friends. The next weekend my sister Jen and I decided to take our kids to see our Grandma Aston for her birthday on Saturday. She had a yummy turkey lunch for us when we got there and the kids were really happy to see her. I always love going to see my grandma, she always has really great food for us and it's fun to sit and catch-up with her. At the end of the day we put pj's on the kids and put them in the car and headed home. Jen's kids and Luke fell asleep, Maddie on the other hand was too excited to be with her cousins and couldn't even keep her seat belt on. That's right she figured out how to take her seat belt off, I'm doomed! Anyway, Jen and I had a great time and got to talk a lot, which is something we both love. The next night was spent at my mother-in-law's house to celebrate AGAIN. We get there and Maddie proceeds to yell every one's name and give them all a huge hug, even her aunt that hates kids, physical contact with anyone, and general out pouring of emotion. Can I just say Maddie is the sweetest little girl EVER! It was a fun night of food and conversation. So with the weekend over, I woke up on Monday morning to new snow on the ground and the urge to ski on in. I think my favorite thing about my birthday is all of my friends and family either call, facebook or email me, I love that! Just to get to talk to people that I love makes me happy. Brant left work early and brought home a Wii and we played for a few hours after the kids went to bed. This month will end with a ski day for me and Brant on Friday and Jaylee's b-day party on Saturday. So the Galloway's are off to a great start for 2009 and it's only going to get better!

3 comments:

Lori said...

what a nutty month! But yay what a way to start 2009! Happy birthday, girl!

Martha said...

Holy, moly... I had no idea you had so many birthdays all in one month, on both sides! Wow!! How crazy is that?! Glad you survived... and happy birthday. :)

Kim said...

Kim! i hope you guys are doing good! I was thinking about lukey this week! Hope he is doing good and getting big and strong!