This Halloween was so much fun for us because we didn't have to worry about long days at the hospital with Luke and we were able to see both of our darlings enjoy every bit of the festivities...
So I am sitting here updating my blog on election night watching the United Stated States elect an African American President and I am so glad that in my life time I could witness the country that I love and am so proud to be a citizen elect a president that 50 years ago wouldn't have had any rights. All anyone can talk about is how historic this election is and they are right. The fact that a woman ran for president and a woman could have been vice president is and amazing step for this country and it makes me even more proud to be a part of this country right now. I don't want to offend anyone with this post I just want to say that I am proud to be an American and I feel so blessed to raise my children in a country where I have the choice of where to send them to school or where I can take them to play in the park. I am moved by the amount of people who have taken part in this election, it shows that Americans do still care about their country and their rights and freedoms. This truly is a promised land united under God, even with it's imperfections and imperfect people, because of our way of life here in the United States, we have the power to change the things we may not like, celebrate the things we love, and have hope for our children's future.



6 comments:
Hi Kim. I loved seeing pics of your family together after a long summer.
I also loved what you said about our wonderful country. We are truly blessed!
Ditto on that, chica! What a great country we live in. It truly was a landmark election year...even if my candidate didn't win. ;) Thanks for the healthy debate!
BTW My hubby's name is Justin! LOL!
Joann
Your kids are so cute and I love their costumes!
Wow! I love that pic of you, Maddie, and Luke! Way cute costume. I was scoping all the little kids costumes out this year, so I have ideas for my little one next year! Love you
The kids look fabulous! I think it's cute that everybody has pictures at "Packs" this year. :)
They look so so cute! I love the costumes! Maddie looks so happy and Lukey looks handsome as ever!! I hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment